1. Beach stickers are now available at the Ellen T. Mitchell Bath House on Surf Drive on Saturdays and Sundays, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm, or at Town Hall, M-F, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. For a mail-in form, click on www.falmouthmass.us/beach/beachdump.pdf.
2. Register you and your house alarm system with the Falmouth Police, 508-457-2532, in case of need when you are away. Forms are available any time in the lobby of the Police Department at 750 Main Street or click on http://www.falmouthpolice.us, scroll down to click on a blue box entitled “Forms” and then click on “Alarm System Registration Form”.
3. If you see any suspicious activity, the same car speeding repeatedly, etc. report as much information as possible to the Falmouth Police, 508-457-2527 ext. 0, including time/ auto make/ color/ plate #/ description of person (hair, height, etc.)
4. The Town’s “reverse 911” calls to residents to distribute emergency information (e.g. boil water orders, etc.) take 6-8 hours and go to home and business phone numbers only. If you do not have a home phone in Falmouth, you can register your cell phone at the Barnstable County Sherriff’s Department. Call 508-563-4479 and follow the directions.
5. If you have any observations to share about the beaches, contact the Beach Department at 508-548-8623 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Keep a record of all incidences and email to email@example.com so we can keep a log.
6. If you see an overgrown intersection planting which obstructs the view and is dangerous to drivers and/or pedestrians, contact Rocky Gomes of the DPW Forestry Department at 508-457-2543 ext. 3008, 7:30 am – 4:00 pm or firstname.lastname@example.org; if no results, contact James Porter at the Traffic Advisory Committee at email@example.com or 508-457-2527 x651.
7. The number for Animal Control is 508-457-2552.
8. To install an Emergency entrance lock box:
a. If you are over the age of 65 and/or disabled and meet the Income Eligibility Requirement, call the Senior Center at 508-540-0196 to speak with Kathy Barrett regarding income. The cost is subsidized by the Council on Aging. Then call the Fire Prevention Department , 508-495-2534, to make an appointment for installation. The number of boxes is limited but are available at this time.
b. If you are any age and want a lock box for any reason and/or DO NOT meet the Income Eligibility Requirement, call the Knox Company Customer Service at 800-552-5669 ext. 0 to order Model 1650. Or, click on www.knoxbox.com, scroll down the left column to click on “KnoxBox 1650 Residential “, enter your Falmouth zip code and follow the directions to order online. There is a choice of type and color starting at $170 plus shipping. Once you receive the box, call the Fire Prevention Department, 508-495-2534, to provide them with the key and have it installed.