We love our beaches and wish for fine weather all summer!
Last season, the lifeguards were well trained to handle all situations and there were very few problems at either Bristol or the Heights beaches.
However, if anyone has any issues with the beaches, first **notify the lifeguard(s)** and, if still not satisfied, **call the Bath House at 508-548-8623 9am-4pm**, call Beach Superintendent **Bruce Mogardo at 508-274-1498 outside of official open hours**, or, for illegal behavior, call the **police at 774-255-4527 ext. 0.** If all else fails, please notify FHMNA at email@example.com.
Much more information, including “News Flash” status of each beach parking lot is available on the Beach Department town website page.
[Animal Control](http://www.falmouthmass.us/148/Animal-Services), 508-457-2552 or 508-457-2550 x3. Emergency animal calls may be directed to the Falmouth Police Department (774) 255-4527 ext. 0 for a dispatcher. An Animal Control Officer will then be notified.
The next Beach Committee Meeting is on **July 16th at 7:00pm** at the Harbor Master’s Office on Scranton Avenue. The public is invited.
1. The beaches are officially open from Wednesday, June 26th until Labor Day.
2. Seasonal Residents Beach Stickers are $40.00 cash or check. There is an extra fee for using a credit card. Bring your car registration.
3. Falmouth Heights & Bristol Beaches are sticker only parking.
4. Lifeguards are on duty from 9:00pm until 5:00pm, 7 days a week.
5. Parking Attendants are on duty from 9:00am until 3:45pm, 7 days a week.
6. 100% of lifeguards and parking attendants have been hired for the season.
7. Both parking lots open at 9:00am and close at 10:00pm.
8. Beach Regulation Signs are posted on the 4 Lifeguard Chairs & Parking Lot
Chair at Falmouth Heights and on the 2 Lifeguard Chairs & Parking Lot Chair at Bristol Beach.
9. A security person, hired by the Beach Committee, is on duty at the parking lot 7 nights a week from 6:30pm until 10:00pm when he closes the lot. This person makes sure there are no issues.
10. Falmouth Police Officer Austin will be working the Heights Beach this summer. She will start July 1 through Labor Day. Officer Austin’s schedule will be 10:00am until 6:00pm. Officer Pike will cover the Heights on Monday and Tuesday.
11. Two outdoor showers are installed on each side of the parking lot. On 6/28 they were not fully functional and a plumber has been dispatched.
12. The concession stand will be run by Doggs & Hoggs, located on Main Street. They have been running the Surf Drive concession for several years and have had very good reviews. Their red and yellow trailer will be serving dogs and sausages, stuffed quahogs and ice cream during the summer. As of 6/28 they were not yet open. They have their electricity and fire department permits but were not hooked up to water and should be open soon.
13. There are currently 14 of the newer benches and 3 of the older lower stone benches on Falmouth Heights beach grass area for seating.
14. Litter: The Lifeguards will pick up litter on the beach during their hours. The trash containers are picked up by the town 4 times each day. The first pick up is at 9:00am and the last at 5:00pm. The FHMNA Liaison to the Beach Committee will monitor the containers to see if more are needed. The town will increase the trash containers if we request more.
15. The town is exploring purchasing a shark sighting warning system and are looking into get funding.
16. The porta-potties, to be surrounded by corral gates, are functional.