For general information, questions, concerns and/or complaints:

TROUBLE AT THE BEACH? Numbers to put into your cell phone.

If you observe activities on the beach that violate bylaws, rules or both (smoking, drinking, disruptive ball/projectile playing, dogs on the beach, etc.), please note that the official ‘chain of command’ is:


If the lifeguards do not/are not able to respond or control the behavior,

(2) FOR RULE VIOLATIONS (Smoking, disruptive ball playing), call:

508-548-8623 Ellen T Mitchell Bathhouse, 9 AM – 4 PM when the beach is officially open, or

508-274-1498 Acting Beach Superintendent Bruce Mogardo, outside of official open hours or if you do not get a response from the Bathhouse.

(3) FOR ILLEGAL BEHAVIOR (public consumption of alcohol):

774-255-4527 ext. 0 to reach Police Dispatch.

Falmouth Police Officer Elson Costa will be on duty at the Heights and Bristol beaches Memorial day to Labor Day, Wednesday to Sunday, 10 AM – 6 PM, to monitor criminal behavior and address such issues as rowdy behavior but not necessarily people drinking alcohol who are well mannered.

Town Code says: 87-4 Dogs. [Amended ATM 4-8-2003, Art. 36] No dogs or other animals shall be brought upon any of said public beaches nor permitted thereon between May 1 and October 1.

Beach Department/Beach Committee: and

Beach stickers:


Animal Control:  508-457-2552 or 508-457-2550 x3. 

Emergency animal calls may be directed to the Falmouth Police Department at (774) 255-4527 (then press 0 for a dispatcher). An Animal Control Officer will then be notified.

            Stranded Seals: International Fund for Animal Welfare (IFAW)  hotline: 508-743-9548

Assistant Zoning Enforcement Officer:  508-495-7468; Ms. Ollie Fitzpatrick is available to answer zoning questions from 8a.m. to 10 a.m. Tuesday through Saturday. The Assistant Zoning Enforcement Officer enforces zoning based on the regulations of The Code of the Town of Falmouth, investigates reported zoning by-law violations and assists in the sign permit application process.  Email:


Coastal Resiliency Action Committee


Committee Handbook: includes Falmouth Online Posting Policy on page 24.


Department of Public Works (repair or replace existing signs, repair sidewalks, request Town/public garbage cans and trimming of overgrown intersections)


Emergency entrance lock box: see Summer Safety/Beach Stickers article:  Summer Safety and Beach Stickers (posted 6/4/2013), #8.


Highway Department Supervisor John Lyons: 508-457-2543,


Historic Preservation Plan (2014)      


LPSSA (Little Pond Sewer Service Area):  scroll down to the bottom of this page.  Also see our Home Page, left hand column, for 2016-2017 neighbors’ comments about their hookup experiences.


Police Department, 774-255-4527, extension 0

Request a speed control trailer, Jim Porter: or 774-255-4527 x4651

Register you and your house alarm system with the
Falmouth Police so they know who to call if your alarm goes off.  Pick up the form at the Police Station, 750 Main Street, or go to their website click on “Applications & Licensing”, click on “Alarm System Registration Form”,  print, fill out the form, and return it to the Police Department.

Heights/Maravista Neighborhood Police Liaison Officer
Jim Cummings:
774-255-4527, x4561

Sargent Sean Doyle, Head of Neighborhood Liaison Department or 774-255-4527, x4505


Reverse 911 Calls:  Register your cell phone at the Barnstable County Sheriff’s Department: 508-563-447


Road Race (New Balance Falmouth Road Race):       This is the official website of the New Balance Falmouth Road Race which runs every August from Woods Hole to Falmouth Heights Beach.  Road closures information is on the Police Department website:


Town meetings  This link brings you directly to the Meetings Schedule page of the Town of Falmouth website where you can search for future, current or past agendas and minutes.

Agendas are normally posted 48 hours prior to a meeting, excluding Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.

Minutes are normally posted 10 days after the meeting for groups which meet weekly, longer for groups meeting less often.


Town Website

This is the Town of Falmouth website for all Town departments, property values, committee meeting schedules and e-mail links to individual members of these groups.

The Town website home page also includes many links to Town employees and organizations of interest to residents and visitors.


Traffic Advisory Committee (for road safety including requesting new street signs) which meets the 3rd Monday of every month, 9 am, at Town Hall: James Porter, TAC representative, 508-457-2527, x651 or


Trash Pickup:   
Town property (beaches, parks)
:  508-457-2543
Private Residences:
Republic Services, 508-398-9222, 800-352-7808,  To find out your trash and recycle pickup schedule, see and


Little Pond Sewer Information:  see FHMNA Home Page, FHMNA link to 2015-2107  Article Archives, and the Town website page

The link to the June 2016 map of properties ready to be hooked up (see section highlighted in blue) to the LPSSA is:

Little Pond Road Closures are updated periodically on the Town Home page:

7/13/2015 Hook Up Map (Gravity vs. Non-Gravity):

From Town website:  “The attached list contains the names and contact information for area plumbers and general contractors that attended the informational meeting on 6/26/15. This meeting explained the requirements to hook up to the LPSSA.”

LPSSA Betterment Policy BOS PDF 6-1-15

LPSA Schedule as of June 2015

“Financial Help for Homeowners (of the Little Pond Service Area) (posted 5/14/14)” and

“Little Pond Informational Meeting 5/12 and links to information re. voting Yes or No on Ballot Question 1, May 20 2014 (posted 5/9/2014)” “

Falmouth Enterprise 5/15/15, pg 7, “Falmouth to Receive $3.4 Million for Water and Swere Projects”

Eco-toilet information, see 8/9/2013 article and

Wastewater Department and Water Quality Management Committee (including Little Pond (Sewer) Service Area 2013 map and information):